|Pithla - Maharashtrian Recipe|
1 Cup Chickpea Flour
4-5 cloves of garlic
3-4 Dried Red Chilies
5-6 Curry Leaves
Water as required
Salt as per taste
2 tbsp Oil
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
1/4 tsp Asafoetida
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1. Mix chickpea flour and sufficient amount of water to make watery paste out of it.
2. Keep your pan on medium heat and add oil to that.
3. Once oil is hot, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder. Mix it well.
4. Now add curry leaves,red chilies, garlic, mix it well and cover it with lid.Let it cook for few minutes.
5. Now add mixture of chickpea flour,keep stirring it (add some more water if mixture is thick).Cover it with lid and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
6. Finally add salt and coriander and our dish is ready.
7. Serve it hot with Roti/Rice :)
1. Popular Maharashtrian dish.
2. Can be made quickly.
3. Easy and delicious.
You can also reach me at: