|Amazing Crispy Potatoes - Maharashtrian Batata Recipe|
This is one of the staple recipe of any Maharashtrian family. Try this recipe which consists of potatoes, chillies, coconut, curry leaves and lot of flavor !
Please do try this real quick recipe and share your pics and feedback too.
2 medium potatoes, thinly sliced.
2 green peppers, finely chopped
3 teaspoons of mustard seeds.
2 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
3/4 tsp of asafoetida ( hing )
10 -12 curry leaves
2 tsp of red pepper powder
Ghee / Clarified Butter or Oil for Tempering ( around 3 tablespoons )
salt as per taste
1 bowl of shredded coconut
coriander / cilantro for garnishing
1. Take a kadai or a deep pan, and put it on medium heat
2. Add the ghee or oil and once its hot, add the mustard seeds.
3. Once the seeds start to splutter, please add the curry leaves followed by rest of the spices. Do not add salt or coriander and coconut.
4. Now add the potatoes and mix well so that the tempering coats them.
5. Cook for around 8 - 10 minutes.
6. Now add coriander and coconut
7. Serve hot with roti / bread or rice.
YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/blLHI4l_Cuo
You can also reach me at: