|Moong Daal Tadka|
3 cups of boiled moong daal
1 big tomato, finely chopped
3-4 green chillies
2-3 gloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida / hing
1 tbsp goda masala ( maharashtrian masala )
1/4 tsp red chillies powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
coriander for garnishing
1. Keep the pan on medium heat.
2. Add 2 tsp of oil. Once oil is hot, add the spices, followed by garlic and green chillies.
3. Mix well and cook for around 1 minute.
4. Add tomatoes. Mix well. Let it cook for another minute.
5. Now add the moong daal ( boiled )
6. Add little water, about half cup.
7. Add remaining spices. Salt as per taste.
8. Bring to boil.
9. Garnish with coriander
10. Serve hot with rice or bread.
You can also reach me at: