|Samosa. I am sure you want to have one !|
Half cup of green peas
1/4 teaspoon of lemon juice
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoon of finely chopped ginger
4 green chillies - peppers. Vary the amount per the hotness.
1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
2 big potatoes, boiled and peeled.
1 teaspoon of garam masala
1 teaspoon of coriander powder
1/4 teaspoon of asafoetida ( hing in Hindi )
1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1 teaspoon of jeera powder / cumin powder
3 cups of all purpose flour
Salt to taste
Water to knead the dough.
1. Add cumin seeds and salt to the the flour, in mixing bowl.
2. Add 1 1/2 tablespoon of oil.
3. Slowly start kneading the dough and add water. We don't want the dough to be loose. Keep aside for 20 mins.
1. Keep pan on medium heat.
2. Add oil.
3. Once oil is hot, add ginger , garlic and cumin seeds.
4. Add green chillies.
5. Add the spices : Asafoetida, Turmeric Powder, Garam Masala, Jeera Powder (Cumin Powder), Coriander Seed Powder. Mix well.
6. Once the masala are cooked, add green peas. Mix Well.
7. Add mashed potatoes.
8. Add Salt to taste.
9. Cook for around 7- 8 mins on medium heat. Keep aside to cool down.
10. Add lemon juice and mix.
Before Deep Frying:
1. Take a small portion of dough. Knead and take a golf ball size dough.
2. Roll it flat in circle.
3. Cut it in half.
4. Apply little water to all the edges.
5. Roll it into a cone, conical shape.
6. Now add a spoon of the potato - peas mixture and seal in the cone.
7. Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
8. Serve hot with Chutney or Ketchup
You can also reach me at: