|Onion Uttapa - Uttapam - Pancake|
Here is the link to the Chutney : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjcP16Ep97U!
3 bowl of rice
1 bowl of urad daal
1. Wash the rice and daal seperate.
2. Soak them in water ( seperate ) and leave overnight.
3. Grind seperate to a coarse paste and mix together in a large container.
4. Add a little bit of salt and leave it in a warm place for overnight. This will cause the batter to ferment and rise. Do add a little bit of water, consistency should be like lava. Not too runny or not too thick.
5. You are ready to make idlis or uttapam's !!
Finely chopped Onions or veggies of your choice.
Oil or Ghee ( clarified butter )
Salt as per taste
(If the batter is too thick do add a little water )
1. Take a pan / tava / hot plate / griddle and heat it up at high heat.
2. Reduce the heat to medium and add a few drops of oil.
3. Take the batter ( ensure you mix the batter with a spoon for it to aerate), and add a bowl of batter on the pan.
4. Slightly tilt the pan for the batter to spread.
5. Add the toppings , drizzle some oil on the sides and cover it with a lid. Let it cook for around 2 minutes on medium heat.
6. Remove lid and flip. Cook for another 30 seconds - 1 min.
7. Remove on a plate and serve hot with chutney.
YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/-8Jnwe0lADI?list=UUcClnz4nXmdVxJfS8qNs4fA
You can also reach me at: